Mofongo is a typical dish of Puerto Rican cuisine and is made with plantains. Try this Paleo Turkey Stuffing – Puerto Rican Mofongo to give your holidays a different flavor twist.
This mofongo version is the one in which plantains are not fried and is ideal to stuff turkeys, chickens, and other birds.
Want a give it a try? It´s very easy!
Paleo Turkey Stuffing – Puerto Rican Mofongo Recipe
- 8 green plantains
- 1 pound pork rinds (optional)
- 8 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 pound bacon
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan or Celtic salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth (optional)
- Fry the bacon until it´s crunchy. Set aside.
- Peel the plantains, cut into chunks and boil in 4 cups of salted water for about 20 minutes. Drain and save part of the water.
- Puree the boiled plantains and add the rest of the ingredients to the pure (garlic, fried bacon cut in small pieces, pork rinds, pepper and salt if needed). Depending on the texture you want, you can add chicken broth or part of the saved water.